Contribute to Mindplex Magazine
Mindplex Magazine is excited to announce that it will accept future-focused articles which will be published on the 'Community Section'. The call for content is open from September 14, 2023 — May 15, 2024. In some extraordinary cases, writers will have a chance of winning one of the four MPXR rewards, and MPX tokens upon launch.
The award amounts listed in the table below are the results of our simulation. In this simulation, one MPX token is worth $0.15 USD. The more the MPX token's value grows, the more compensation content creators receive.
|Performance range||MPX token Award||Equivalent USD||Remark|
|Platinum||1000||150||Content that manages to generate more than 1,500 MPXR tokens|
|Gold||667||100||Content that manages to generate between 900 and 1,499 MPXR tokens|
|Silver||500||75||Content that manages to generate between 600 and 899 MPXR tokens|
|Bronze||167||25||Content that manages to generate between 280 and 599 MPXR tokens|
The contributions that meet our editorial guidelines will be published on Mindplex Magazine, and coverage through our social media channels for extra exposure.
What is Mindplex Magazine?
Mindplex Magazine is an AI-enhanced, decentralized magazine and content creation platform — a collaborative space where content creators & consumers benefit equally and are fairly compensated.
A “Mindplex” is a structured and connected collection of minds, be they human, machine, or even alien — a collaborative mind-space for minds of any definition. Mindplex, the project, is creating a space for the formation of these Mindplexes and is simultaneously a magazine, a decentralized media platform, a global brain experiment, and a community — bringing together all of these elements collaboratively while also addressing the systemic issues plaguing the current media environment.
The project is developing and refining AIs that will connect with and work alongside humanity. These human-AI collaborations will lay the foundation for thoughtful and compassionate superintelligences of the future, who will assist and guide us safely down our path towards a Benevolent Singularity.
The submissions must be original content (not published anywhere else), and the submissions will be reviewed by the Mindplex Editorial team before being accepted. Please be patient while our editorial team reads and reviews the submissions, and note that we will only contact authors whose submissions are accepted.
Who Can Contribute?
The writing call is open to everyone wishing to write a compelling article on any of Mindplex’s supported topics. If you have a story that inspires new perspectives and possibilities, you’re a fit. You may choose to provide background information on your relevant expertise, if any, on the submission form.
The only requirement a participating writer must follow is our editorial guideline that lays out some rules in regard to article length, covered topics, and submission process.
Why Should You Contribute?
This open call is to encourage critical thinking and take on various topics. We believe so many of you possess the knowledge and expertise to share insights and value with our readers. On top of that, best preforming articles will be chosen to receive monetary prizes, along with a shoutout to the writers and their articles on our social media platforms.
Topics a writer can write on:
Suggested topics to be featured in the magazine include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced tech for the developing world — how the global poor can leapfrog into the future, and the social implications if they don’t.
- Artificial Intelligence — including out-of-the-mainstream practical applications, and the push for Artificial General Intelligence, AI ethics, and AI aesthetics/art
- Biotech — genetic engineering, engineered life-forms, biohacking
- Blockchain — and its potential to create decentralized networks, upending the current economy, identity, and ownership
- Body modification — from the funky and freaky to the profound, including brain and body implants with real computational power
- Brain-Computer Interfacing — for instant brain-to-computer-cloud communications, connecting to the global brain
- Consciousness — neurofeedback, psychedelics, and other tech for consciousness expansion
- Contrarian — anything that rationally debunk tech hypes and contradicts ongoing trends
- Cultural resistance — is a variety of topics that includes tech culture, and philosophy or suggest different lifestyles covering questions like why we should change our value system or how and why technology is creating new cultures.
- Doom and Gloom — AI/robot apprising, technological unemployment, dystopian futures, environmental problem caused by new technologies, bio extinction, and similar treats
- Finance — analysis and opinions on cryptocurrency, investment, and related topics
- Eccentric — Covers the absurd and out of this world notions like fusion of Magic and Science, Aliens, ghosts, and similar topics
- Experiences — VR/AR/MR/Metaverses/spatial sound/liminal/new realities/The Matrix
- Health and Longevity — anything and everything helping humanity toward radical healthspan extension
- Military and surveillance tech — which is advancing fast, focusing on ethical and privacy issues
- Nanotech — and beyond, to femtotech and molecular machines
- Neuroscience — combined with AI and speculative directions like quantum neuro
- Quantum Computing — including quantum machine learning and quantum cryptography
- People — Biography, Interview, Philosophy, lifestyle and similar topics that depict individuals
- Parapsychology — scientific data and exploratory theories about strange phenomena going beyond conventional science
- Radical physics: theories yielding insights into the nature of the universe and perhaps new technologies
- Review — Book, film, TV, new tech products, etc.
- Regulatory — reflections on regulatory laws and policies that focus on emerging technology including AI, blockchain, nanotech, biotech and related topics
To participate in the Mindplex call out, submit your entry anytime before 15 May 2024. Submissions received after this cut-off will not be considered as a part of the initial callout and reward.
You can submit the article by using our contribution form and you can attach your article (file size should not be more than 5 MB). Use the description part of the form to add your article's title.
You are not mandated to provide your real name and can choose a pseudonym, an avatar, your picture, and a 50 word bio. You can provide the bio at the top or end of the article document or submission form. Your email address will be used to contact you when you win or when your content is shortlisted for publishing.
Once you have submitted your content, go to Twitter to follow and tag us i.e. @Mindplex_AI saying, “I have participated in the writing contest.”
The 21st century is all about advancement in science and technology that impacts the society around us. So much is happening at any given moment that it’s hard to keep track of every cool tech and science breakthrough. That is why at Mindplex, we bring experts, observers, and thinkers to share the science and tech stories with you, and reward these thinkers for helping inform and educate the world.
Ready to enter? Contribution page Link
En Garde! Read the guidelines if you don’t want to be disappointed.
Mindplex Contributor Guidelines
We’re looking for freelance writers and videographers to seed the platform with relevant, fresh, and evergreen content on everything sci-tech: From USS Stargazer to SpaceX Falcon to nanotech, neuroscience, AGI, and more… Know this: there are tons of readers out there waiting for updates, reviews, and even opinions on technology, and you can be their hero.
Reminder: We all love to get immediate rewards for our efforts, but there is no use to blast us with queries about the status of your submissions. Reviewing and responding take time, and we are only human (except the AI-brarian, who has firmly refused to review submissions, thereby showing greater-than-human intelligence already).
If your article is accepted, and you have not beleaguered our staff with excess contact, we assure you that you will be notified within two weeks of your submission. If you attempt to prod our team into early results, you will be notified by carrier pigeon, at our convenience.
Finally, don’t expect to hear back from us on weekends. Yes, we probably received your submission, but we were at the beach or the pub (or wherever the AI-brarian hangs out on weekends). We’ll get back to you on Monday.
Note: Please, we don’t want to know ten super supplements to burn fat at home. Don’t be a salesperson in the supermarket of writers. In particular, don’t pitch us the next hot crypto investment! We’re much more interested in the uses of quantum machine learning, next-gen MethOx thrusters, Smart Metasurfaces, or use of graphene in supercomputers.
Now that we have set some boundaries, let’s be cool and see what we love!
Yes, size matters. Essays less than 1500 (give or take 20 words) words will not be considered. we need details, copious amounts of details! Also, not too big: keep it under 5000 words. Include all of the relevant information, don’t skip anything important, and don’t drag on or get lost in the weeds. Keep the snarky remarks and unnecessary wit to a minimum.
Your content must be original and not a repost or republished.
Content must be proofread properly for grammatical and spelling errors and flow before sending to us. (The AI-brarian also refuses to do grammar checks, and we are not your 5th grade writing teacher.)
Share your article in Google docs with a link that is accessible to anyone.
It’s your piece, and we’re decentralized, so it’s up to you whether you choose to share your personal information, like real name, bio, a picture and social media link to appear with your published article. You can also use pseudonyms, as long as they are cool, along with an avatar.
Note: Real creds will allow you to create a writer’s portfolio to be showcased somewhere else. This is the way!
- Citing relevant sources is important. We must be able to verify that the story is true. (The source is strong with you.)
- Give credit where it’s due. Don’t just download pictures from Google because they won’t be used, unless you are the creator or give proper credit to the images’ source, and if it is Creative Commons licensed. (Also, the CC license must allow commercial uses.)
- Please don’t submit sponsored or overly promotional content. We can smell it from bytes away. (See what we did there? We know computers!)
- Please be considerate and do not use affiliated or any sort of promotional link in the article. By the power vested in us, we will remove the URL (and consider rejecting the content).
- Add a disclaimer if you have vested interest in the company you’re writing about in your article. for example: Deepmind employee.
- Feel free to send a featured image — preferably 1200x600 — that you either have permission to use, is Creative Commons-licensed, or is copyright-free. (Make sure the image doesn’t carry a brand logo/watermark or name.) Specify the license or intended use of the image. You may use Stable Diffusion, Midjourney and any other AI image generating services.
What Happens After You Submit?
Once you have submitted your content, one of our editors will review it for information accuracy(although we trust you provide credible and true information), grammatical, and spelling errors… we don’t want to pull out our red marking pen).
The relevance of the topic will be a crucial factor in determining whether your submission is a fit — remember, we are here to inspire collaboration between minds, and foster genuine “mindplexi.” If everything appears correct, and the content falls within our guidelines, you’ll be informed. It usually takes up to seven days for the review process. Kindly keep calm and think of what else you can do in the meantime.
Our editorial team may ask you to make changes if need arises. In that case, the publishing process may be delayed.
Benefits Of Becoming A Mindplex Contributor
- You get to flex because you’ll be a Mindplex writer.
- Tons of people get to read your stories, earning you exposure and authenticity.
- For every piece of awesome content, you earn reputation tokens leading to monetary rewards in future.
- An opportunity to engage with people on the same platform where your contribution is published. Be respectful though.
That’s it for now, thanks and once again good luck with your submission!